Thursday, September 12, 2013

Things are a lttle better

Hi everyone. Just thought I would let you know that I am doing fine. I have absorbed the latest blow and am dealing with it the best I can. Thanks Paul for writing for me last night. I was pretty beat after a very long day that started at 4:30. Paul got almost all of the details right. The place where we gave out the injera was at the Mercato. It is the largest open air market in Africa. It was somewhere we had not visited yet. Being the shopper I am I still don't think I could handle this place on my own. It is the cheapest place to buy things though. Maybe I will just give Markos a list of what I need and send him. This outing was really outreach at its best! The boys were giving back to the boys they hung out with while living on the street. I feel so blessed to be a small part of that day. The part that Paul didn't mention was that the boys were using their own money and we just added to what they had. Unbelievable. We presented them with the bikes and they were very happy. It was kind of funny, the youngest one came out near the end, he had been sleeping and he just kept staring at them with that "Christmas morning look" on his face. Disbelief and happiness all at the same time. I wish I had taken a picture to show his sponsor The rest of the day was pretty quiet. Ibssa and I took a walk around supper time and bought a pizza to go. He just at it at home. I got the best sleep ever last night since Paul left. Sweet! This morning had a funny moment. I put Ibssa on the toilet for a "caca" and all of a sudden I felt something very warm on my leg. You guessed it, he pee'd all over the floor while he was doing job #2. That was totally off my radar since he had just gone not too much earlier. So, showers became the next step, instead of our usual routine. LOL. We played outside for a bit. We were going out for lunch at the "Oh Canada" restaurant. This meant giving up my skype time with Paul. :-( However, this gave my morral a huge boost. The menu was full of Canadian items. The walls had pictures of famous Canadian sites. It was just so comforting to be there. I ordered poutine for me and a Justin Bieber pizza for Ibssa. I also ordered ravioli to go for supper. Ibssa ate about a quarter of my poutine. I know we will be able to make a Canadian out of him yet! LOL. This is the first time since I have been in Ethiopia that I have eaten my entire meal. I think we will definately go there again. It is funny how God puts people in your path that you need to encounter. A gentleman at a nearby table had heard me saying Ibssa do this, Ibssa do that....he came up to me later and said do you know what the meaning of Ibssa is? Great question since Pam and I looked like crazy when we got our referral but couldn't find the meaning because it is muslim. The man said it meant "light" Wow, that gave me shivers. He definately has a light that shines brightly in him and I am sure you will all see it when you meet him. Some of the bad news today is that the other couples are having problems with bites. They were told they were mosquitos, then fleas because there is a dog here. But the answer is bed bugs. They don't bite everyone apparently but they do bite some people. The Gresty's have been bite free. What luck. Rob actually found one today so they are going to officially complain. Too bad because this is really a great place to stay. Candy went out and bought some lemons to treat her bed and herself. What a downer. Ibssa is now having a well deserved nap but it is almost 4:30 so I had better get him up. I don't expect much else to happen today so this will be my official post. Keep praying for us. Karen and Ibssa

2 comments:

  1. Karen,
    You and Paul are such an inspiration to so many people and I can't count the number of times I have been in tears from the out pouring of love you so obviously have for Ibssa! I cannot begin to imagine how much you have gone through to bring him home...he is so lucky to have you guys as his parents! Hang in there! You are never alone as all of your friends & family are there with you in spirit every day! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    I have to agree with Tina, I know that Paul's grandma and I are so proud of Paul,Karen,Kyle and Kaylee on welcoming Ibssa into their family and therefore, ours. It has been a long road but it will soon be over and you will have Ibssa home. Karen
    I am sure you have very strong support at home waiting for you but if you need extra just give me a call. With all our love Aunt Pat/Bill and Grandma Gresty.

    ReplyDelete