Monday, September 9, 2013

The final paperwork step

Sorry for the blog showing up as one big paragrapha. I swear I put them in but the post compresses it. When Paul was here we would type it out on word first and then post it on the blog. With just my tablet I type directly on blogspot. I will try not to write too much so it isn't too hard to read. Today started off pretty routine. After we got all cleaned up we went for a walk to the bank on our own for the first time. I was like the guy was expecting me. He knew my husband had gone back to Canada. It was like Paul prepped him that I would be showing up alone and may not know what to do. Well Paul, I did just fine. Thanks for looking out for me. I needed to get more money because the guys were going out to purchase bikes today for Shelleys boys. Ibssa and I walked back and played in the courtyard for a bit. He was really pushing my buttons today. He wanted to play on my Africa phone. I told him this may cost mommy money. I gave him my iphone to play on. He kept going to my phone dialing page and would start pressing numbers. I kept saying no but he kept it up. Finally I took it away and he started to cry. The gate man was washing one of the cars and said, does he miss daddy. Good grief. NO. I was just disciplining and he didn't like it. We came back up and had lunch. I had ordered an extra meal yesterday when we ate out so he could eat it today. It was lamb tikka. He loves meat, unfortunately not much else when there is meat on the scene. I will let it go for now but things will change when we get home. After lunch we decided to skype Paul before he went to work. Ibssa was good at the beginning but would not stop pushing buttons. It was very difficult. This being my only time to see Paul made me a little cranky. We had to cut our conversation short because it was obviously someones bedtime. I was feeling a little melancholly. I am starting to get homesick. I have lost a lot of weight I think because my pants are starting to get a little too loose. I haven't had much of an appetite for almost 2 weeks now. I just can't get used to the food here. As much as Ibssa loves it I dislike just as much. I could never handle spice....and I still can't. I have come to realize that it is harder than I thought it would be. I have a limited amount of toys, very little communication, and going outside means just playing in the courtyard..no grass. Its hard to come up with new ideas. I am also starting to get really lonely. The other Canadians here are great but nothing can replace the friends I have at home. I started to question myself. When I prayed to God about me being lonely and giving me strength Ibssa woke up and started calling Mommy! My heart melted. God was telling me that how can I be lonely when you have the sweetest most loving little boy out there. He is so right. I am so blessed. I dug out some balloons for Ibssa to play with. Candy was making supper for everyone tonight so after a while we headed over. Ibssa was delighted. A change of scenery is always good. Heather soon came over as well with her gang. It was nice with just the girls. The guys were out purchasing the bikes. A huge undertaking. I am so thankful that they did it. Nothing is easy in this city. New bikes were about $150 each. After a conference call with the men we decided to go ahead with the purchase. Used bikes are harder to find and apparently are sold at a Sunday market. We wanted to surprise the boys on New Years which is Wednesday. During supper Heather got an email from Mission of Tears saying that Berekets passport was in and that the paperwork for his visa would be heading to Nairobi tomorrow. She shrieked out loud with joy. Shortly after Candy got the same email. I didn't get anything....Being the patient woman I am LOL, after half an hour I emailed MOT more or less asking what about me? Shortly after I got a reponse back with a picture of Ibssa's passport. Ibssa Paul Gresty. Phew!!! It looks like I may have been bang on with my estimate. The visas always arrive on Mondays so hopefully they will come on September 23. My flight is booked for the 25th. Keep praying for this to happen. It's getting late and I am very tired. So good night all. Hopefully tomorrow goes a little better than today. God Bless, Karen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    I am just still so relieved that the passports are in, and the paperwork will shortly be on it's way to Nairobi! Praying for a miraculous visa timeline for all of us! Please let us know if we can help you in any way. We are just downstairs. :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlfriend!!I am going to email you some easy no equipment needed games you can try with Ibssa. Know that every day I pray for you -actually several times a day. These days are going to pass by quickly and you will be home before you know it to experience Ibssa's first time seeing leaves change colour - imagine the fun of collecting leaves! The first SNOW FALL!!!! oh yeah and snow angels, and snow men and sledding the list could go on not to mention Halloween and Christmas! Enjoy the warm Ethiopian air as we have entered fall temperatures already. I miss you like crazy too - It is good to see Paul but he is a poor substitute for you LOL!! We are going to visit him tonight and watch the Amazing Race.Lov Ya!!

    ReplyDelete