Saturday, September 28, 2013

Just an overall good day

Today started out on a good note. When Ibssa woke up at six so I bring the tablet into the bed and let him watch a movie for a bit while I wake up. Out of the corner of my eye I saw on my phone that Paul was trying to Skype me. I told Ibssa no more movie, it was time to talk to dad. When the screen opened I noticed Pam and Mike were there too. Awesome. Except one thing, I WAS IN MY PYJAMAS! And also I had bed head. It was so good to see and talk to them. The were able to see Ibssa live for the first time. Pam is so awesome, she brought the blanket she had made to show Ibssa. When she emailed a picture of it earlier Ibssa had kissed the phone when I told her it was for him. He was pretty excited. Paul played the "hey is this my blanket game with him". She also showed me her first attempt at making injera. Paul said she did a pretty good job except that it was a little thick. What a great start to my day. We had our usual breakfast and then Thomas came up to play. They did the 100 piece car puzzle together. They also played marbles. I said to them that I think we should go outside and play. So away they went. The other kids came out to and they all played for a good hour. It was so nice that the sun is shining. No rain. Maybe the story about the cross ceremony is true. No more rain now for 6 months. I guess God just turns the tap off. We came up and I made pasta for lunch. I let him play for a bit and the HE said it was time for a nap. He is getting so independent these days. He is now staying in the living room while I do the dishes. He is blossoming like you would not believe. We never seem to have any communication problems. However, I must say we lead pretty simple days. Lol. While he napped I was able to Skype my sister Marg. I hadn't talked to her for so long it was so good to catch up. We must have talked for over an hour. We were interrupted by a Skype from Paul. Wow, two times in one day! Awesome. Ibssa has woke up by then and was able to talk to daddy again. It was getting close to 4pm and I told Heather I would give her some take out containers. She was hosting the boys that her friends Rebecca and Arnie take care of. They are street boys that they met here last spring and took action to find them a home of their own. Marko's brought them over. All the Canadians came together and had an Ethiopian meal together. I chose not to eat. My body is saying no more Ethiopian food. I had a big lunch. The whole point of of the evening was so the boys and Marko's could Skype with Rebecca and Arnie back in Canada. For some reason wires got crossed and they weren't able to make it happen. Heather is so awesome, she made a video message for them to watch later. Who knows, maybe they will be able to try again before they leave. It was now 6:30 an jammie time for Ibssa. He is watching toy story AGAIN! So I have a few minutes to write this blog. I met the film crew who are staying here for a week. They are from Finland. The are producing a documentary on teaching high school students here how to make solar cells. Some teens from Findland are coming tomorrow and are going to help teach the students here. What a great example of positive ministry. Teaching the young minds of Ethiopia to make their country a better place. Praise God. We can all learn from this. Well time to put Ibssa to bed. Chow for now Karen

1 comment:

  1. I was stoked to chat with you too!! Ibssa is exactly as you have described him. I love love love his smile and how quick it appears! There is certainly no language bearer when it comes to being teased by daddy! That was so cute! I have loaded SKYPE on my laptop and will try to connect with you again!

    ReplyDelete