Friday, September 20, 2013

Finally!

Well we have finally received our Letter of no objection from The ministry of child and youth services. I read my email at 3am and I just wanted to get up and do the happy dance. It was the persistence of Paul and my social worker that made it happen. Praise God! It is on its way to Nairobi as I am writing. It just feels like a humongous weight has been lifted from my shogbulders. The end is now near....I hope. Ibssa woke up in good spirits. He is so funny sometimes. He made me play worship music while he was in the shower and he started dancing. He then wanted me to take his picture. Crazy kid. He makes me laugh when he gets in those goofy moods. Markos picked up Ibssa's chest X-ray for me and the result is that he has bronchial pneumonia. Good grief one more hurdle to overcome. The doctor had given me some steroids to start him on. I also called him again to tell him about the pneumonia. He wasn't too concerned because there was no fever bit wants to see him on Monday or Tuesday. I think the steroids are making him hyper and he seems to be always hungry and thirsty. Not looking forward to the next few days. He had his first accident in his pants. Hoping that is the steroids. Lol. We are going out for dinner where they have a bouncy castle, I think I will bring a change of clothes just in case. Funny story at lunch today. I had picked up some hot sauce at Ibssa's request this morning. We were having egg salad for the first time. I let him try a little bit to see if he wanted a sandwich. He liked it but pulled the hot sauce out of my bag and made me add it to the egg salad. So I did. He ate his whole sandwich. He just loves spicy things. Lol. The guest house held a coffee ceremony for us this afternoon. It was fabulous. They served all kinds of cake and coffee along with fruit and popcorn. You have to drink three cups. It starts out very strong and then gets lighter each time. The last cup is the blessing cup. The kids lost interest very quickly but it was a great time for the women to just chat. The men went on a man date to the movies so they missed out. Not much else happening today. I am just smiling still from our good news. The end is near. God bless Karen

2 comments:

  1. HALLELUJAH!!HALLELUJAH!!PRAISE YE THE LORD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have good news -
    Can't wait to meet Ibssa - he sounds wonderful!
    I already know you are Karen

    ReplyDelete