Friday, September 27, 2013

The move

Well, it is Friday here now and when I woke up this morning I actually felt a lot better. I did not have such a heavy chest and I felt like I had some energy to give today. Hurray!!! This country is hard enough to deal with, you don't need sickness on top of it. We had no Internet yesterday and part of today. It was strange not talking to Paul for that long. He really gets me through every day here. I was supposed to Skype my son at 2pm. I missed that date :-( Yesterday Ibssa and I just played most of the morning. I let him have an hour long bath because I was certain there would be no tub for awhile. We went to Kaldis with the Reich's for lunch. It was nice to get out. We had to skip our haircuts because this is the day that the Holy Cross ceremony takes place and the city shuts down. Marlo's thought we should join the 4 million people in meskal square. I said are you crazy I can't even stand to be around 100 people. We moved our haircut plans to Monday. After Ibssa's nap I sent him down to play with the other boys while I started to pack up. We have to move upstairs to move up to a standard room on the third floor for a week. There is a film crew coming and are taking up most of the house. I packed up everything except the kitchen. It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate in two months. Candy and Rob invited us all for soup and sandwiches for supper. Yeah, I don't have to cook! We all gathered together. It was fun chat with everyone. Ibssa came home,we watched a movie and went to bed. Still no Internet. Bummer! We got up this morning and went through our routines. We had to be move by noon. Out of nowhere Rob and Dave came and moved all of our stuff. Praise God. I am feeling better but that is quite a job. We met Victoria who is from Great Britain. She is currently renting the large suite. I am afraid she is going to be a little overwhelmed by her new roommates. I guess we will have to keep everything clean now that we are sharing common spaces. Ibssa once again went down to play with the boys while I unpacked. I am going to miss them when they are gone. They are going to a new guesthouse on Sunday. Ibssa was very excited about our new home. We skyped Paul after lunch. It was good to hear from him after a day of not seeing him. It was time for Ibssa's nap. It started out ok but it took him a long time to fall asleep. Now we are in the same bed which is also new. I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce during his nap. I had to use up the ingredients before they went bad. I will just have to freeze it. We are ordering in Indian food for supper. Butter chicken and Naan. Mmmmmmmm. I hope bedtime goes a little easier than nap time. I know it is going to be a challenge when we have to have a shower. It is just a little square with a curtain around it. I can see us flooding the bathroom. Overall the third floor is actually nicer than the second floor. It has a bigger kitchen and bigger balconies. We are all trying very hard to fill our days now. We are all running out of things to do that doesn't cost money. It a holiday here today so everything is closed .....store wise. Oh well, chow for now Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment