Monday, September 16, 2013

Bonding day and then the doctor day

Ibssa's cold is sounding pretty bad. He had a rough night on Saturday so we decided to lay low and just chill. I really didn't want him going outside, I knew he needed to rest. So, we spent most of the day in our Jammie's. we had a rough start put I prayed really hard and then we ended up having a really good day. I just wanted him to relax so we basically watched movies and played video games all day. I was even able to find teletubbies on my iPhone. I was the coolest mom ever after that. Thanks you tube. His appetite is pretty much nonexistent these last couple of days so he has been drinking a lot and having peanut butter sandwiches. Just like dad. Lol. We had a couple of Skype tries with Paul but we never seem to have any quality conversation. Either we get a bad connection or Ibssa just wants to continually press buttons which makes our chat very distracted. We just can't seem to find the perfect time to connect. I think it is wearing on both of us. Stay strong Paul I can do this. Because Ibssa had a late nap I decided to let him stay up a little later and we watched another movie and then went to bed. I woke up a midnight after just going to lay down with him. So just put my Jammie's on and went to bed. Today we were up and going early. We both had showers before breakfast because I wanted to call the do toe early to get an appointment. Breakfast was a bust once again. Hope he feels better soon. Breakfast was always the most enjoyable part of our day. We managed to get an appointment at 10:30. Perfect for Ibssa's daily timeline. I tried Markos our driver but didn't get an answer. I had to call Lee the guest house manager to arrange a ride for is. Too bad we couldn't get Markos because he knew exactly where this clinic was. Lee called the doctor to get directions because they had never been there before. There are very few street names and no numbers. They use landmarks. Anyway, I knew from candy and rob that it wasn't too far away. We loaded up in the nice Toyota. Cushy seat and seat belts. Ibssa thought that was pretty cool. Away we went. I could tell we were getting close because he slowed down and stopped by a big building. I had seen a paediatric clinic sign just before the building. My driver didn't speak English. He asked people on the street and they said they didn't know. I pointed backwards but he didn't understand. We drove around for a while and asked lots of people and ended up at a dead end street. He finally called. Men. Turns out it was the building that I saw. We went in and it kind of felt like home. I was greeted immediately by the nurse and in English. This place cost $40 compared to $5 but with every penny. Ibssa's oxygen sats were on the low side. He gave him some ventilin right in the office. He has loaned me a chamber to use so it can be administrated easily. He gave me prescriptions for ventilin, an antibiotic and an antihistamine. I guess he is covering all the bases. He wants to see him again in 3 days to make sure is oxygen level is better. Wow someone who cares. He also looked in his ears and said they were not infected. It is probably just fluid behind the eardrum. He said the rubbing may also be an orphanage comfort tool. Who knows. As for the warts he said to leave them alone they will go away on their own. If we intervene he may end up with scarring. He said since Ibssa wouldn't be going to school until January that I should really wait. It is just esthtic anyway. I had the driver stop at the pharmacy. All three medicines cost me about $16. Cool. We got back to the guest house and heather approached us about going out for lunch and to the lion zoo. I said ok but I knew it would be a challenge because he would miss his nap and he is sick. But we have to eat! The restaurant was in a fancy mall. The food was good. I ordered a variety plate for Ibssa and I to share. He pretty much turned his nose at it. Heather gave home some of her child's hamburger. Thank goodness. He are the meat part anyway. Everyone finally got to see the side if Ibssa that I have the pleasure of seeing. He wanted to put his knife in his drink. After several no's I took the knife away. He got angry and tried to bite me a few times. It just went downhill from there. Dave finally offered to take him and the other two boys for a walk while the girls waited for the bill. After dinner I headed to the toy store while rob took Ibssa. It was in the same mall. It is Ibssa's on Wednesday and I wanted to get him something. Heather came with me. She picked out a bus that has music and spins. I picked up a "cars" puzzle and a miniature fuse ball table. My two items came to almost $50 so I put the fuse ball table toy back. I wouldn't pay that much at home and it was pretty cheaply made anyway. I will ask Markos to find me something. We were going to go to the lion zoo but lee called and said it was closed because a worker was attacked by a lion. Crazy huh. Ibssa was tired anyway. He was so crabby he may have fed me to the lions. Lol. Oh well. Maybe another time. We got back and I gave Ibssa his ventilin. He thinks it is fun, I wonder how long that will last. Now he is hungry. He wanted a ham sandwich and a banana. That was easy enough. Now he is watching his "cars" movie fix and it will be bed time. I think for both of us. No news yet on our letter. Ugh! Hopefully sometime today. Chow for now. Take care of my Paul Karen

3 comments:

  1. Karen,
    If you would like to send me your email, I have some information I would like to share with you. My email is jmundle@live.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jammie days!! Hope the medicine works wonders for Ibssa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying about the letter, Karen! Hoping you and Ibssa are feeling better tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete