Saturday, September 14, 2013

A cooking day

Yesterday was my day to make supper for everyone. If you know me at all you know cooking is therapeutic for me. The problem is that is it not Ibssa's cup of tea. The day started well. We had to go to the grocery store to buy apples for the apple crisp. Apples are crazy expensive but worth it to have a taste if home. Ibssa did really well up until nap time. He said on the kitchen floor with the tablet and a drink and patiently watched a movie. I managed to peel and chop everything I needed except the apples. After Ibssa went down for a nap ibskyped Paul. It was early morning for him. We chatted for a bit and I told him all of my woes. I didn't have much time left before Ibssa woke up so we said goodbye and I headed back to the kitchen. I started frying up my meat and cooking the veggies for my shepherds pie. No frozen veggies here. It wasn't long before Ibssa woke up. He wasn't as happy about being on the kitchen. I tried to get him to help. I had cooked a big pot of potatoes and I had to mash them. Of course there is no potato masher so I would transfer a few at a time and mash them with a fork. Ibssa tried to help but easily got frustrated. Nothing seemed to work. The clock was ticking. I had to feed 10 people in two hours. I finally decided to bring Ibssa over to rob and candies. Rob was more then happy to watch him while I finished up. Thank heaven they are here. I am really starting to get a handle on what single moms go through. We love each other to pieces but sometimes we just need a break from each other. Today it really hot me how he much loss he must be feeling. No kids to play with. He had a ton of friends at the orphanage. Paul is now gone. His new best bud. And we all know that there is no way on earth I will ever be as fun as Paul. I was able to finish everything and clean the kitchen up before everyone came over. We all had a good visit and a good meal. While heather and candy were out today they bought me some awesome books for Ibssa. I am so blessed to have such good friends here. I stayed up waiting for Paul to Skype me buy got nothing. He was supposed to be at my sisters for supper. Maybe Skype just wasn't working. Bugger. I had a pretty sleepless night. Both Ibssa and I have terrible colds. I think he needs to go back to the doctor. According to my nurse friends it is time. I will try to go on Monday. I am going to go to the more expensive doctor where you don't have to wait and his English is good. Maybe he will give me some better answers on his ears and warts on his face. This morning started good but quickly went downhill. Ibssa was being difficult at breakfast. My patience wasn't stellar either. More food for the garbage. We both had a good cry and now we are buddies again. I found a new game for the tablet and he actually said "good job mommy". He cracks me u sometimes. Now he is stick to me like glue. Well time to clean up and start our day. Keep praying for us. Chow for now Karen

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! You can cook under any circumstance!!Ibssa may feel some loss for the friends he doesn't see BUT he has gained so much more. He is now someone's son. He has FAMILY and that is a great trade! I believe he knows that! EVERY child experiences boredom. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thanks again for hosting us for supper! What a treat! I don't know if you are on FB with Dave, but he even gave it a shout out! Great food makes home feel closer... Praying you guys have a good day tomorrow and that the doctor is helpful. And maybe the Lion Zoo on Tuesday? (We went to the park instead of the zoo last week; we didn't want you guys to miss it!)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete