Sunday, September 22, 2013

God is taking care of me

Yesterday was a pretty dull day. Ibssa had a lot of play time in the morning. I made a pork roast with potatoes and corn for supper. I made a homemade bbq sauce and cooked it really slowly for 3 hours because the meat here is sometimes pretty tough. My chest cold has now turned into a full blown head cold. I have just about totally lost my voice and my nose is running non stop. I feel like crap. Ibssa on the other hand appears to be doing very well. He still has a rattley cough. We are going back to the doctor for him on Tuesday. Rob came up last night to see if we wanted to go to Yaya village today. This is where the Olympic atheletes go to train in the high altitudes. It is about a half hour drive from here. I said we were in but I knew that if I didn't feel much better then I may have to back out. I was hoping a good night sleep would be the trick. When I woke up this morning I was in the worst shape yet. Ibssa had us up at 5 so I made him lay in my bed until 6. My nose just would not stop running. I coughed up phlegmn again and again. I was even having a tough time breathing. I skyped Paul. He could barely hear me because my voice had pretty much disappeared. When we finished I had decided that there was no way I could go away today. I needed a day to sleep this thing off. I texted the other couples to see if they would still take Ibssa with them. I didn't get any replies right away so I called Candy. She said no problem. What a relief. Although this is something I said I wouldn't do. I didn't want Ibssa to think I was abandoning him, but I really had no choice. TG brought my coffee this morning and when she heard me speak she said she would bring me some ginger tea later. What a sweetheart she is. The troops left at 9am and I quickly returned to bed. I slept until 2pm. I got up and had a shower and came out to see if Paul was up yet for skyping. Just then TG came up with some ginger tea and some toaseted barely. She said she would be bringing up some hot soup for me for supper. I am telling you this has got to be the best guest house in Ethiopia. The gang returned from their outing and said Ibssa was ready for his nap. I let him play a couple of video games first to unwind and now he is sleeping. I hope for not too long or elese he wont go to bed easily tonight. Well, I am going to sit here and enjoy my tea, and relax until he gets up. My throat is already feeling better from the tea. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Keep us in your prayers, Karen

1 comment:

  1. Praying for God to quickly deal with this bug you have! By Jesus stripes you are HEALED!!

    ReplyDelete