Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Recovering

I just want to thank all those people out there who are praying for mine and Ibssa's health. It has worked for Ibssa and now it is starting to work for me. Yesterday I decided to go with the Reich family for lunch and a movie. I thought how hard could it be it is just sitting. We went to a place called My Burger for lunch. This is where I have to give a shout out to my friend Teresa V. Over the years I have watched her communicate with Joshua, who is mostly deaf and has down syndrome. I find myself using alot of her techniqes with signing and talking. It is truly amazing how he picks up on this so quickly. I ordered him a hamburger and fries...he just wanted the fries. He pointed to the hamburger and to my bag and signed and said later. Too funny! God puts people in your path for a reason and I am sure Joshua gave us the gift of learning and communicating. We went to see the movie Turbo. This was Ibssa's first big screen experience. I am not sure if he liked it or not. He kept telling me to turn it off. I think it was too loud. But he made it through. It took everything I had to make it through this day. I was really short of breath. Should have stayed home. We had a pretty quiet evening. I have been letting him have a lot of video game time lately because I can't really do much with him. That will change. Today we went to the doctor. He wanted to see Ibssa's x-ray. He said he didn't have pneumonia and that the radiologist was wrong. He said Ibssa has asthma and he got a chest cold which makes it a whole lot worse. He said his lungs are clear now and that he can be taken off all of his medicines. Hallelujah!!! What a relief. He didn't have time to look at me because he was very busy. One of the good things about Ethiopia is that you can go to a pharmacy and tell them you want an antibiotic. You don't need a perscription. The one thing the doctor did say was that his eppiglotis...you know the thing that hangs at the back of your throat, had been cut out. WHAT!!!! He said this is a common practice. When they are babies and they are problem eaters they think that this part of your anatomy is the problem, so they cut it out. It is their traditonal way of solving things. He said it is a very painful procedure and that some babie die from it. He said it won't really affect him now and not to worry. He asked me how Ibssa was communicating so I told him my hamburger story. He was amazed how well he was doing. That's right, cute and smart! On our way back I picked up some groceries and met the rest of the gang for lunch at their new guesthouse....at least I think they are going to stay there. The restaurant is run by an Ethiopian who has lived in Canada. The food was really good. I wil definately be going back there. I was a little hesitant at first because it is on the 5th floor and right now I can barely make it 2 floors without coughing up a storm, but they had an elevator! God has been with us all day and I am sure it is because of all of all of your prayers. I skyped my mom and dad when Ibssa was having his nap. It was so great to see and speak to them. They are with Paul right now. My mom is making him some meals. They are also celebrating my nephews birthday. My sister is coming there tonight to. I hope they have a great time. Also, I just wanted to give a shout out to my Endo family. I haven't heard from any of you. Steve, I am having withdrawel from your "any news" questions. Here is my email once again so you can let me know if you are still alive and who is doing my job and what is happening with the roche!!!! pgresty@sympatico.ca Miss all you guys, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment