Sunday, September 8, 2013

The last couple of days

Sorry I didn't post last night. I was tired and cranky. For some reason my skype was only working with sound and not video. I was heartbroken because I knew that skype was going to be my lifeline while I am here and I was pretty bummed out that there was no video. I am using my tablet now and I thought that this was going to be a permanent thing. I really must depend on the internet conncection because I had the video feed today. Yay! Yesterday Ibssa and I had a really good day. We started with the usual breakfast. I decided to try and skype Paul, or did he skype me, I can't remember...anyway we were able to connect for the firest time since he got home...but no video link only sound. WE caught up on a few things before I told him to go to bed. We watched some cartoons, and then I decided to let Ibssa have a fun time in the tub. He must have been in there for over an hour splashing and playing and just having a great old time. I think it was 11:30 before we were both dressed and cleaned up. For lunch Ibssa had a lot of peanut butter toast from breakfast that he wanted to eat. I made myself a toasted ham sandwich and rolled up some ham to let him nibble on. Ham is kind of a delicasy here. I paid through the nose for it but I knew it was something my body wouldn't reject. LOL. It was so funny, before I knew it he had unrolled his ham and placed it between his two peanut butter toast. He ate the whole thing! Ham and peanut butter.....who knew! LOL. I am now starting to teach Ibssa the little things. Like manners...although there is not much work needed there. Today was trying to get him to put his hand in front of his mouth when he coughs. We are both fighting a cold. Now he kind of exaggerates his cough sometimes to try and be funny while putting his hand in front of his mouth. I think his cold is actually starting to break up. It is kind of cool in a way that you can go to the pharmacy and ask for what you need without a prescription. I picked up an elixer and cough syrup for him. My only problem now is that he actually likes tylenol. I have been giving it to him at night to help the pain of his ear...which I am really starting to think is fluid. It really seems to help him sleep, but I do want him to have a liver when we return. I think when the bottle is empty I will just say we don't have anymore and save it for the really rough times. After Ibssa's nap we headed outside for some play time and plus I needed to get a couple of things at the store. He has such a great time is Ashne, Lees brother. I think he is maybe 13 or so. Ibssa loves him to pieces. The other day he gave him a wheel with a wire hooked to it to roll around in the courtyard. Such a simple toy but so much fun for Ibssa. Today he coloured with him, made paper airplanes, and gave him 3 marbles. It is so much easier for him to play with Ibssa because there is no language barrier and Ibssa can relax and just have plain old fun. We then toddled to the store where we bought juice, butter, and our luxury item of the day...honey. I also bought him an ice cream bar that he ate in the courtyard of the guesthouse when we got back. This was like heaven for Ibssa. Just as we left the guest house a guy was walking by with some documents with a picture of some guy. He was saying money, money, money, and I kept saying no. He persistant and kept showing me the picture. I just said no, and that I don't understand. He made a crazy sign with his finger that was meant for me. I was a little creeped out, but I was close enough to the gate that if he gave me much more grief I could just hollar to the guard. For supper I made lentil soup. It was far too salty even for my liking. Ibssa just kept putting pieces of ham in it and then just mostly ate the ham. Candy and Rob popped over for a quick visit. I know they are just checking up on me and that is very appreciated. I love their visits. Candy later made chocolate chip cookies and brought some over. Yummmmmm. Ibssa didn't like his so I had to eat it. Oh yeah, another funny story. Earlier today Ibssa got onto my tablet and skyped Candy all on his own. It was so funny. I turned around to hear her voice coming from the computer. He must have been watching me when I skyped Paul earlier. LOL. My little techno wizard. The day ended peacefully and it was time to put Ibssa to bed. I could keep hearing these load horn noises kind of like from the world cup. I found out today that there was a huge soccer game happening with the Ethiopia team and that they had won. Sorry if this is getting wordy, I tend to babble. Today was a church day. We decided to go to Beza church. Tilahun's church. Our driver and Tilahun picked us all of at 9:15 because we thought church started at 10. When Ibssa saw Tilahun he just ran into his arms. I truly believe that spiritually they are brothers. For the rest of the day I was chopped liver. I really didn't mind giving up my hold over Ibssa because I know that he needs to bond to Tilahun as well. I know the adoption world says this is an attachment no no but I know what I feel and this just feels right. There paths will run deep someday and I don't want to hinder that. Church didn't actually start until 11:15. Ugh! We had to wait an hour. There was at least and hour or more of worship time which I thought was awesome, and then the message was anohter hour or so. The whole service was 2 1/2 hours long. Ibssa was a trooper. He clung to Tilahun the whole time. After church we went to lunch at Lucy's, a restaurant just outside the museum. Tilahun chuckled, he said this was the exact restaurant and table that he sat at with Shelley. What an awesome God we have. On our way back to the guesthouse we asked Tilahun about Ethiopian New Years on Wednesday. We are invited to the boys house. He said that they are preparing meat to bring to the Mercato to give to the homeless boys that live on the street. They, the six boys that Shelley and other sponsors take care of, are providing meat because this is something these boys never get and that this is a special holiday and that they deserve to have something special to. I was absolutely floored. These boys were all homeless 3 short years ago. Shelley had met Tilahun at the Mercato when she was here picking up her daughter. Now they have been blessed with a place to live, food to eat, being able to attend school, and now they have their own sense of family. They have not forgotten what it was like to be homeless. They have the means to give back to boys who are just like them. How awesome thier story is. We could all learn alot from them. I immediately asked if I could give them food to. He said that they would just like meat. So I offered to give them more money to purchase more meat. He gladly accepted. They plan to feed over a hundred street children. May God continue to bless these boys. I know they will all be leaders somewhere, someday. God's light shines brightly through them. When we got up to our room, we skyped Paul and had video this time. Praise God! Ibssa was so excited to see Paul. He kept talking on and on and neither of us had a clue what he was talking about. LOL. Well guys, I am starting to get sleepy. I need to get my rest so I can keep up with Ibssa. LOL Hopefully I will have time to blog tomorrow. Chow for now, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment