Friday, September 6, 2013

Our first Paulless Day

Well Ibssa is sleeping and I managed to stay awake until he fell aleep. Shocker! Our morning routine was pretty much the same except it took me until 10:30 instead of 9:30 before all of our morning chores were done. I don't know what I am going to do when we actually have to be somewhere on time.LOL. We went downstairs to play. Ibssa was looking for his little wheel he pushes around with a wire but it wasn't there. No one was around. I wanted to play soccer but he just wouldn't do it. We headed back upstairs because it started to rain. I caved and let hime play temple doom on my iphone. He is actually starting to get pretty good at it. He almost reached 50000 today. He is pretty proud of himself. Not bad for only using one hand to hold the phone and play the game. We had leftover tuna casserole for lunch. He mostly just picked out the tuna. By 1:30 he went down for his nap. This came after a small meltdown because his cookie was broken up the wrong way and he wanted a new one. Sorry baby...tough love, no new cookie. I decided to make some lentil soup. I was doing dishes and I heard him wail for me so I just ran in. It was just that I needed to wipe his nose, I think he was still alseep. A few minutes later I went back to the kitchen and realized I had left the water running in the kitchen sink. There was a small flood under the sink. I have haven't heard anything from Heather about leaking water from above so I guess I caught it in time. I had to use a big towel from the bathroom to clean it up. Towels are scarce as it is so now I am less one until cleaning day. When Ibssa woke up Heather came in and started telling us about their day at KVI orphanage. They were having the farewell party for Bereket and they had rented a bouncy castle. Tilahun (Shelley's boy) met them there. He used to teach there 3 days a week before they moved so he wanted to see all of the children. She invited us for supper. She had texted me earlier but my phone was dead. Time to put the new minutes on the phone. We gladly accepted so I put my soup in the fridge until tomorrow. We decided to go back downstairs and play. He was ready for the soccer ball now. Shortly after Candy and Rob pulled in with Markos's taxi. They had been to the Holy market purchasing souveniers. Ibssa spotted some muffins and immediately invited himself up for a taste test. Candy did a show and tell for me. She had bought some great deals. He also took her to buy some soccer jerseys....something still on my list to pick up. Back upstairs we went. Our toy supply is now being stretched since it has been a month. It is getting increatingly difficult to entertain him. I decided to pull out some glow stick wands that I was saving for his birthday. He was thrilled. We cracked all 4 of them. Without missing a beat he wanted to go downstairs and share them with Faith, Thomas and Bereket. Proud mommy moment. It turned out it was almost supper time so we stayed and had a meal with all of our Canadian friends. By 7 we left and had some wind down time before bed. It amazes me how well he takes medicine. We have ear drops and cold medicine to take and he actually gets excited...not for the ear drops though. But he puts his head on the bed and just waits for you to put them in. I am sure this is an orphanage drill which I am glad about. Well honey, I know you are not home yet but I hope you get a chance to read this during your long wait in Washington. Ibssa is thrilled you left your watch. He has asked about you a few times and I keep telling him that you went to Canada and that Ibssa and mommy will be going to Canada soon to. Keep sending me emails everyone....it helps the lonliness. Chow for now Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment