Wednesday, September 25, 2013

More delays

We just don't seem to have much luck here in Ethiopia. Because of the shootings in Nairobi last week the High Commision is only open one day this week. That means our paperwork is pushed back another week and I will probably have to rebook my flight again. It is now looking pretty grim for October 9 for me. I guess I will be spending thanksgiving here as well. So much for seeing my other two kids :-( Well I am so thankful for my little Ibssa that I am sure I can take it for another week. My cold is getting better slowly and I am getting more energy. I think next week I will visit Shelley's mission in Korah. They make necklaces to sell in Canada. This year they are making earrings as well. Shelley is sending 200 pairs home with me for her to sell in Canada. That will break up the week somewhat. My friends are moving on the 29th but they found A place close by so we can still visit. I picked up the sandels that I ordered from the factory. She made me three pairs to pick from. They were all great and it was hard to choose. So of course I bought 2 pairs and will give a pair to Kate since we have the same shoe size. I have to stop shopping. I am not sure where I will put everything. It is just so cheap here and you just want to help as much as you can. Wish me luck tomorrow. I think I will take heather up on going for haircuts. She saw somewhat of a salon by the lime tree restaurant so I think we will try it. My hair is getting long and my blow dryer died the first day I was here. And do you believe they do not sell blow dryers in this city! At least I haven't found any. My grey hairs are really coming through now, but I don't think I will attempt a colour. Well chow for now. Have to think about supper. God bless Karen

1 comment:

  1. Oh Karen! God is certainly testing patience in all of us! Please God give us a miracle!! Let Karen's paperwork drift to the top of the pile and get processed on the one day the High Commission is open. Please!!!

    ReplyDelete