Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The devil keeps knocking me down

I guess I will just start where my head is at right now. I got the news this evening that our visa is not coming on Monday. That's what I get for letting my hopes get up. The person handling our case was away all week so our visa wasn't finished. Even if he returns next week Monday is a holiday for Canada so they will be closed. So by my calculations our chances are very slim that it will be in the next weeks pouch either. It would only give him one day to finish. So that puts us To the end of October. I honestly don't know what I have left in me. I miss my husband soooooo much. We have never been apart this long. I know this is the part that weakens me. My first response was telling him to take his last two weeks holiday and come back to Ethiopia. The problem is our life just not allow it right now. Financially we just can't do it. Someone needs to be home to take care of the dogs. Jake may be in the process of moving home so Paul needs to be available for him to. I am just going to have to find strength somewhere. What I thought would be one or two weeks by myself has now been 5 and may be 7 or 8. Lee says I have a place to stay until the 19th....I don't know what I will do after that. Hopefully she will find me another small room somewhere. Please pray for us. Starting to unravel. Hopefully tomorrow I will be in better spirits. Karen

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you Karen. I'm so, so sorry that it is taking so long. I'm sure us leaving tomorrow isn't helping the emotions, either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, you can't do this alone BUT YOU AREN'T ALONE! Even when you can't see anything - God is moving! I know you will bounce back from this disappointment. You are much stronger than you give yourself credit. You are a women of deep faith. Keeping trusting God to give you the strength you need each day.YOU CAN DO IT!! I believe in you and I know the Spirit is strong in you (sounds a little Star Wars -sorry :) ) Remember our God is a miracle doing God. You will be coming home soon!

    ReplyDelete