Saturday, October 5, 2013

One more day under my belt

Today was a pretty good day. Marcos picked us up at 10:30 along with Tilahun. He took me to Korah, the poorest part of the city to show me mission Ethiopia. The women's empowerment group that Shelley started. They make necklaces and earrings which she sells in Cananda. I thought Saturday would be a good day because Tilahun would not have school. Unfortunately the women didn't work on Saturday. Oops. Tilahun showed me the shelter where he stayed before Shelley. Korah is known for having a lot of leprosy. Markos was pretty interested. He didn't know of this group. We decided we would come back on Monday after Tilahun is done school. I also booked Markos on Monday so I can go and change my flight. Grrrrr. When I got back to GT Lee told me I could move to my old room. I thought I was doing that tomorrow. Oh well. The rest of the gang was moving back in and heather asked me to watch her kids while they unpacked. I told them I may as well feed them lunch to. After lunch I managed to pack up our tiny room and just put everything out in the hallway so The room would be empty when I had to put Ibssa down for a nap. This gave me a head start on my move. When Ibssa was ready for a nap I returned the Reich children. While he slept I was able to move everything downstairs. It is much easier to move down then up. The other families offered to help but I hate imposing. Now that I am feeling better I knew I could do it by myself. When Ibssa wine we went downstairs for good. We went outside to play. Eventually the newest Canadian couple showed up and was asking where to go for dinner. I boldly asked if I could tag along since I didn't have time this afternoon to prepare anything new went to the Italian place. Ibssa didn't eat much, he was too busy being goofy. I brought his pizza home. Ugh! We wrapped up our night the usual way with a bit of a movie and then bed. Tomorrow we are going to drive up a mountain. Later Ibssa and I are going to tilahuns for supper. I will be able to take the pictures of the boys I was supposed to do on New Years. Well it's getting late. Time for me to hit the hay. Chow for now. Karen

1 comment: