Friday, October 4, 2013

Some good news for one of us

Heather and Dave got the call that their visa is here. Praise God! I am so happy for them. Hopefully ours will come next week. We heard from Martha that there are actually 2 pouches a week. One leaves Nairobi on a Monday and one leaves on a Wednesday. It takes 2 days to reach Addis. The Monday one normally does not contain visas but because of the delays there is a slight chance they may put them in the pouch. Please pray they will do this for us. I am certain I have to change my flight again. The 9th will be impossible to make. However there is one on the 11 th. but I have no way of knowing if our visa will be there or not. I really would have liked to have been he for thanksgiving and seen both of my kids. But I highly doubt it's in the cards. I wish I had a crystal ball. It costs me $200 each time I change it. If someone out there knows people in high places please plead our case. The other couples have got action with their MP's. As for the rest of our day I would say it was pretty awesome. We had a fun day playing together even though it poured rain. We walked over to heather and Dave's because it was Faiths birthday. What a sweet child she is. We had pizza and cake and of course presents. I got emails from both of my kids and blessings are falling on them. They make me so proud.i know they will tAke care of my Paul while I am away. We are getting closer to the light. I am weathering the storm and feeling stronger all of the time. I am concentrating on all of the positive things and not letting negativity bring me down. Kind of like battlefield of the mind by Joyce Meyer. I can control my thoughts. There is so much peace in that. Well, bedtime for me. Last night I saw every hour on the clock so hopefully I will get some zzzz's tonight. Chow for now. Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment