Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Farewell to my friends

Today is the day that Candy, Rob, and Ephram fly home. They have a nasty flight that leaves at 3 in the morning which I guess technically is tomorrow. I will pray that Ephram will be at peace the whole way. I have been a bit of a mess the last few days but I am better now. I unloaded in Paul the other night at 2 am. He came to the conclusion that I need him here for this final step so he is coming on Saturday if Ibssa's visa doesn't come by Friday. I feel like a bit of a failure not being able to hold on for another couple of weeks, but life here is hard and the days are very long. I would not trade this time with our remarkable little boy for one second. However, my batteries need to be recharged. I don't sleep or eat well here. I am sure this is mostly because I am lonely. It is the not knowing that is the hardest part. Our government is an expert at dragging their feet...at least it seems like that for us at every turn. But we will get through this and hopefully all of this red tape will just be a memory some day. I think I might go out today and purchase a small bike for Ibssa today. He needs something to do outside. It seems to be getting sunnier. It would be a good way to burn up some energy. I will just leave it with the guesthouse when we leave so other adoptive families that come can use it. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. I may go to the silk market today. Markos keeps telling me about it and that I should go. I hope he is available today. Keep praying for us. I can't wait to see Paul whether it is Sunday morning or next Thursday. I prefer the latter because that would mean we have our visa. Chow for now Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment