Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sorry for the rant

I thought I better apologize for my rant last night. We did take another delay blow but we will pull through this. It's amazing how much a good nights sleep helps to put things in perspective. I prayed for God to dry up my tears and it worked. I had a lot if time to think and I came to the conclusion that I would do this stay all over again because ibssa is completely worth it. It may be incredibly hard for me bit the benefit to Ibssa is immeasurable. I have decided not to eat out at restaurants much anymore even though it is cheaper than buying groceries. I think I will just pay the guesthouse for breakfast every other day. We will be healthier in the long run. Yesterday Candy went with me to check out an orphanage for Shelley. It was way nicer than Abenezer but it is struggling financially. I think all orphanages struggle. I gave them a donation from our church. She was so happy because she had bought milk on credit and was now able to pay. Now they will allow her more credit. I was very impressed with the number of special needs children she has taken on. I think I will meet with her again before we leave. Ibssa had a major meltdown at the restaurant for lunch yesterday. People just stare at you like crazy. They don't like to see kids cry. I felt like I was being judged. Another tidbit from yesterday was that someone tried to mug heather when she was out shopping with Markos. He didn't get anything and Markos chased him away. Today I did a little more retail therapy. I bought Paul an Ethiopian soccer jersey and a leather duffle bag. I just couldn't resist. Leather is so cheap here. We stopped and got groceries as well. I am going to cook a roast for thanksgiving. You will not find a turkey in this country. Lol. Well better go. Ibssa will be waking up soon. Chow for now. Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen
    You are one lucky girlie -
    God doesn't give you more than you can handle! You and Paul are both strong alone but together - unstoppable -
    Just remember the wonderful surprise from your birthday - you get to go home to all that love and support.

    ReplyDelete