Monday, October 14, 2013

African Internet

I am sure you have figured out that I haven't been able to get Internet the last few days. I haven't skyped Paul since Friday and its killing me. My morale has sunk. In Saturday we had a great day at the Sheriton. I invited Ashu. I forgot however that the price doubles on the weekend so it cost me a bundle. I was planning to swim in my tank top and capris but they wouldn't let me. Good thing Ashu came. Sunday was the big soccer game. We had to stay at the guesthouse because a lot of the roads were closed. I made a roast for everyone that turned out to be like shoe leather. Was kind of a lousy thanksgiving. Today candy and rob got their visa. They are heading home Wednesday night. I still have no clue when we get to go home. I have run out of things to do with Ibssa. The toys I brought have run their course after two months. I have let Ibssa play too many video games and have let him watch too much tv lately. I am going to have to find something new for him to do but what???? Hopefully tomorrow I will have some new ideas. I know I sound kind of down but it's getting harder and harder to stay positive. Chow for now Karen

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that the Internet has been down... I always felt so isolated when that happened and I had my family with me! Lol. Did you see that link about the Tsehai loves Learning event at the library? Maybe that would be something fun and cheap to do with Ibssa? Or what about some simple crafts? The stationary close to the Made Donut Shop had glue and colored paper I think. And maybe even watercolor paints? That would keep my kids busy for a while, but they love that kind of stuff. Does Ibssa like games like Go Fish? I well understand the challenge of keeping the kids busy, but mine did have each other, which helped! Praying you hear about the visa soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are closer to being home than you were yesterday!! Heather had some great ideas. Maybe developing some more structured routines will help with Ibssa like doing "school" things like letters or numbers at the same time each day so Ibssa get to think of it a part of his routine like nap time and his morning ritual. No doubt keeping one active boy engaged is hard. Praying for your visa too!!

    ReplyDelete