Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A matter of time

Yesterday we ventured out to get plane tickets for Ibssa and I. Markos took the three of us to to the Ethiopian Air office. We waited in line for one hour and then I sat with the ticket agent for an hour trying to sort out our tickets. Paul and booked his return for October 28.  When I tried to book Ibssa and I on that flight it was full. Grrrr. I really wanted to come home that day. The next flight is on Wednesday the 30th. So we proceeded to get all three of us on that flight.  What a struggle that was. The good news is that they said they had no record of my first change so my change was free. Paul however had to pay $300 for his change. Ibssa's ticket was just over $1100 for a one way ticket. That is almost the same as what Paul paid for his ticket. Good grief. By the end of the process I was pretty frustrated. Paul had to entertain Ibssa the entire time and Ibssa wasn't being very patient. After you are done with the agent you go to another window to pick up your ticket. It is nothing like at home. A printer with a roll of paper just continually prints and the agent just cuts them to separate your ticket from everyone else's.  There was a lot if time between when she processed my ticket and then processed the boys so there was a lot of tickets between ours. She found Paul and Ibssa's tickets right away and had a hard time finding mine in the pile. She found one with my name and handed to me and said done. We left without looking at them because we had all had enough at this point vehemently we were on the way home I noticed mine wasn't a ticket like the other two. Good grief!  I said to Paul that I am tired of trying to deal with these people so he is going to try and sort it out today. With my luck the boys will be going home and I will have to stay :-(  I am sure we will sort it out.

On the bright side we went to visit Tilahun this morning. We delivered the suitcase of goodies that Shelley sent over for the boys. The teens had the day off because they have exam time starting tomorrow. They treated us to a coffee ceremony. We decided we would hook up with him again on Friday to go and hand out some clothes that Shelley sent to some street people. We will probably all go out for dinner after as our final goodbye.

I must admit I am sure happy Paul is here. It makes life a whole lot easier. Tomorrow we are heading out to purchase some last minute things.  Paul would like a new computer bag and Kate needs some scarves for gifts for Christmas. Pray that the high Commision puts our visa in the pouch tomorrow like they said they would so we can soon come home.

We will arrive on the 31st which is Halloween. I have no idea how I am going to handle this with Ibssa. His first impression of Canada will be us handing out treats to strange looking children at our door. Lol. Oh well, we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Time for lunch.

God bless
Karen


1 comment:

  1. Oh My Word!! I hope you are keeping a journal because all these extra hurdles really show how weak and incapable the devil is at stopping God's plan!!

    ReplyDelete