Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My final shopping day.....I think

When I left you yesterday I was finishing my lunch. Ibssa woke up and quickly figured out he had a piano on one of his pre school apps. He absolutely lived it. Even though the piano was playing the songs he thought he was doing it. What impresses me the most was that he was using 2 hands and all of his fingers. What a great tool for physio. Nancy I am afraid when he sees the big piano at church that your life will change forever. Lol. Candy, Rob, and Heather came over to use the Internet again. It is so nice to have visitors. For supper Ibssa and I had hot dogs. I really don't have condiments so I made the hot dog on a piece of toast and melted a cheese slice on it. We also ha brown beans. Well, the hot dog was a hit but the brown beams not so much. Before we knew it it was bedtime. One more day under our belt. This morning we ordered in breakfast. I told TG to surprise us. She brought an overwhelming amount of food. One of the dishes was this egg bake with vegetables in it with Ethiopian spices. Ibssa really seemed to like that. I told TG how much he liked it so she brought me up a whole plate of it so he could have some more later. They are just so awesome here. I spent the morning emailing while Ibssa played on the tablet. We then cleaned up and went with Markos to do my final shopping day. The first stop was a haircut for Ibssa. Of course we used Markos's guy. He was very friendly and very good with Ibssa. He knew right away that Ibssa was Oromo. He told me Ibssa means "I can". I was told earlier that it meant light. Either way they are both wonderful meanings of his name and describe him to a tee! Even with his handicap he wants to do everything himself. Next stop was for coffee. I am going to make everyone try this. Lol. It is pretty strong. A gift idea that Victoria gave me was to buy dried chilies. She says she puts them in a jar with a ribbon and hands them out at Christmas. Clever. I bought 2 kg for $4. Sweet! Next stop was for wooden cross necklaces. Markos took me to another guy. The wooden crosses he showed me were not the traditional type. They were only 10 cents each so I bought 6. He then showed me some black crosses made of glass or stone for 15 cents. I really liked these and they were the traditional type so I said I wanted 10. But he only had 3. I left money with Markos and he said he will purchase more for me later. He is going to buy me 20. After he left I thought what a great gift this would be for the Sunday school kids from Ibssa. I think I will tell him to get me more. We came up for lunch and now Ibssa is sleeping. He will probably get up any time now so I should sign off. I need to start preparing supper soon. Chicken tonight. Mmmmm. Chow for now Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment