Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A good day for Ibssa

Today we had to go out. I am getting pretty stir crazy. I decided I would purchase a bike for Ibssa today. I also wanted to go to the silk scarf market. Markos took is for both. First stop was the silk place. It wasn't what I had pictured in my mind. The scarves had varying amounts of silk. I was thinking of the nice soft sheer kind. I purchased two. One is 100% and the other one is 65%. They are a tougher texture than I would have liked. Next stop was for a bike. They are not cheap here but what price can you put on sanity. We found one. I think Markos thought I was crazy but I am sure he doesn't understand what it's like to be a 50 year old woman at the end of her rope. Lol. I told him that since he is my angel he can have it to give to a deserving child Che said he would loan it to other Canadian families who come. He has such a kind heart. Ibssa was so excited. He couldn't believe the bike was for him. It's kind of a suped up tricycle with a lot of bells and whistles. We spent the remainder of the morning and the second half of the afternoon playing with it. I am certainly getting my exercise! Riley found out today that there was a bomb here on Sunday. The US had issued a warning to its citizens here to keep away from busy places and the Bole road area. It has to do with rebels protesting the Ethiopian army in Somalia. Good grief. Housebound again. We said our goodbyes to candy and rob. Riley decided he is going home in Friday. The high Commision is brig difficult to deal with so the agency advised him there is nothing he can do from here. We will pray that his boys will be home by Christmas. We have heard absolutely nothing. I certainly don't want to harass them after how I see Riley being treated. Paul is coming on sAturday. Hopefully if our visa comes they will let us know in Friday and not Monday so we don't waste money on a flight for Paul. Well time for bed soon. Need to save my energy for the bike. Lol. Chow for now. Karen

1 comment:

  1. Even if the visas come Monday, and Paul arrives before that it won't be a waste. Having two people negotiate the airport and so forth with Ibssa will be advantageous!! It's only money and God has an amazing ability to get us what we need!!Praying hard for the visa to arrive!

    ReplyDelete