Thursday, October 24, 2013

Just laying low

Today seemed like a spa day for me. After breakfast we just layed around and played with Ibssa. Well....Paul did all of the playing. All I did was cook and do dishes. I am so grateful to Pam for sending toys that Ibssa has truley fallen in love with. I was able to read a magazine that I had brought from cover to cover. Paul put Ibssa in the tub and he must have been there for an hour and a half.

We are starting to have discussions about school. I still think he will be ready for at least half days in January but Paul is not so sure. I think he needs to be around other kids. Is English is getting better all of the time. He seems to always understand what we are telling him. Lee the guesthouse manager is always saying "I can't believe he just said that". He picks up phrases pretty easily and usually knows when to say them. Funny story, today I had to go to the bank. It was going to close in half an hour and Ibssa was just waking up from his nap. I decided to head out and then the boys would catch up to me later. When Paul told Ibssa that they had to "catch up" to mommy, he pointed to the store at the end of the street and said "ketchup". He thought I was at the store buying ketchup. Lol. When I saw them as I was coming from the bank we all had a good laugh about it.

Tomorrow if the weather is good we are going to the Sheridan for a swim. Paul brought my bathing suit so I can finally join in the fun. I haven't told Ibssa yet because we will see if it is sunny first. He loves the pool. We are also supposed to hook up with Tilahun and hand out some clothes to some street kids. Shelley sent them in the suitcase Paul brought.

Well it is almost bedtime for my sweet little guy. We are one day closer to coming home. Hopefully we will have confirmation from Martha that our visa is at the Canadian embassy here in Ethiopia.

Chow for now

Karen

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled to have helped. Boys and toys is a specialty of mine LOL.

    ReplyDelete