Saturday, August 31, 2013

Kids


Today we had to get up on time because we were babysitting Heather and Dave’s kids, Faith and Thomas.  They are travelling outside the city to visit Bereket’s mother.  At 8am they came up to our suite.  Ibssa has had a really rough night.  His ear is still bothering him and it woke him up several times through the night.  I knew we had to take him back to the doctor.  After we finished with the morning chores and some playtime we decided to head to the clinic. 

They told us that we had an hour and a half wait.  Fair enough.  However, Ibssa was very tired and not himself.  There were tears and whining while we waited.  It was beginning to look like rain.  Faith and I decided we had better head out to get bread for lunch or otherwise we would be doing it in a downpour.  We thought we could pick some up at the stop and shop close by, but they didn’t have any so we had to take the longer walk to the bakery.  By the time we got back to the street with the clinic the boys were done and Paul had a prescription in his hand.  I went to fill it and low and behold it was the same antibiotic as the last time.  Good grief.  Paul didn’t know what he was on and I hadn’t brought his old medicine with us.  There are no Shopper’s Drug Marts here! 

We got back and I made lunch for the crew and then it was time for Ibssa to go to bed.  He really needed his nap today.  Rob stopped by to see how we made out.  Rob is a nurse so I told him Ibssa’s symptoms. A lot of pain but not drainage or fever.  He thought maybe it was just plugged with fluid or something.  Maybe he will need tubes.  If this is the case I don’t think antibiotics will do anything.  I think I will take him to a more English friendly doctor next week sometime.  It will be more money but it will be worth it.  I am starting to think that I may have problems with him on the plane if it is a plugged ear.  Lisa Silverthorne if you are out there somewhere can you give me some advice?

Faith and Thomas watched the Monsters Inc. movie while Ibssa napped.  After about an hour and a half Ibssa came walking into the living room a little dazed and sad.  I scooped him up and cuddled him with a blanket.  For once he wanted me and not Paul. LOL. I can’t believe Paul will be leaving on Thursday.  His time here has gone by so fast.  Our week is already filling up.  Monday we would like to take Ibssa swimming at the Sheraton, Tuesday is a day out with the girls for me, Wednesday we are planning a trip outside the city and bam it is Thursday already.  We still want to do the grocery run with all the money collected by our church family and friends.  I would really like to do this while Paul is here because I really just want to lay low while Paul is gone.  That would mean we would have to receive the money by wire either Monday or Tuesday.  If this can’t happen, I am sure I will figure something out.

Dave and Heather got back about 6:30.  We decided to go for pizza.  We went to a new place that kind of seemed like a lounge bar.  No one was there so they welcomed our order.  The food was good.  By the time we left it was dark.  I feel completely safe when you are traveling in a group.  The walk home was actually very enjoyable.  Tilahun called just as we were getting to the gate.  We had made plans to go to his church tomorrow.  But after speaking to him he advised us not to go anywhere tomorrow, to just stay put in our guesthouse because there are going to be political rallies about religious issues and it would not be safe for us to be out and about.  You don’t have to tell me twice.  Home it is!  We will just watch Joel Osteen online for our Holy feeding. 

Not much else to say for today.  Both of us are tired from our day of watching 3 children instead of one. 
Chow for now
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment