Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sun in the Park


We woke up this morning to sunshine.  Praise God!  We started out the day in the usual way...breakfast.  As I said before breakfast is Ibssa's favourite meal.  I scrambled up 4 eggs, various sizes, and put them all on his plate figuring Paul or I would finish what he didn't eat.  He also had a piece of toast with nutella.  He ate the whole thing!  Corn flakes for Karen and Paul. 

 

We were a bit lazy this morning with our routine, but I kept saying to Paul we have to do something the sun is out.  We called Candy and Rob a couple of times, but no answer.  Finally we got through and they were delighted to go out.  I suggested the big park by the Hilton.  I called Getcho, and in 2 hours later we were on our way. We got to the park and it cost $2.50 for the 3 of us to get in.  The park was filled with playground equipment.  There were no locals in the park it was just filled with adopting families.  I guess they are the only ones who can afford to pay to go to the park :-(   



We thought Ibssa would be thrilled with all of the swings and climbers, but we were wrong.  It was all so unfamiliar to him.  We managed to get him on a swing for a bit.  He also liked the rocking horses....but that was it.  It didn't help that he was extremely tired from his late night with his new brothers of Ethiopia aka Shelley's boys.  It was now about 12:30 and he was so tired that you could really notice his limp on his left side.  Easy cue for us to notice when he is tired.  We just relaxed in the sun with an orange soda and some good conversation with our Saskatoon friends, Candy and Rob, and of course baby Ephrem.  At 2pm we all headed back to GT guest house to put the boys down for a very needed nap.

 

I sat and talked to Getcho for awhile.  I showed him Ibssa's adoption file so he could tell me how far it would be to travel to see his mother.  He said it would take 8-9 hours. Ugh!!  I really don't want to overnight anywhere without my boys.  So we discussed her coming here.  He said he would help me purchase a bus ticket for her.  It would be about $600 birr return ($30) on a very safe bus.  Then we would pay for a hotel for her overnight.  I thought I would take her out for dinner and give her pictures of Ibssa and one of Paul and I.  The only problem is that she would need an ID to get on the bus which I am not sure she ever got (one of our court delay's was because she had no ID).  I will email Elsa at Abenezer to see if this plan is feasible.  I also told Getcho that Paul and I prayed last night about our evening with the boys.  We know that we are not done with Ethiopia and that we will be doing something to make a difference, just not sure what yet.

 After the little ones woke up we went for a walk to Kaldi's coffee aka Starbucks.  Ibssa was thrilled.  This is where he gets his ice cream fix.  The food here is so crazy cheap.  We ordered 4 cappacino's, an orange pop, an ice cream, two orders of samosas and fries, and another order of fries, and the bill was just over $10.  The cappacino's are amazing!  At 5pm we decided to walk back to GT and Candy and Rob called Markos to come and pick them up to bring them home.  We had such a great day relaxing with our friends.  Ibssa does so well just staying home and hanging out.  He is rapidly becoming an electronic guru who will soon give anyone a run for their money on video games. LOL.  He has not cried once since we have had him in our care.  He is just happy all of the time.  What a gift we have received.  Well it is an early night for Ibssa, he has gone to bed.  Paul and I are watching some crazy movie on TV.....I think it will be a early night for us to.

 Maybe something more exciting to report tomorrow.  I really want to go to the silver market and the merkato. 

Chow for now, Karen

2 comments:

  1. I will add my prayers about Ibssa'a mother. What a beautiful gift to her to meet you and know that Ibssa will be safe and loved and nurtured beyond her wildest dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsa can arrange for you to meet his birth mother!! She did that for us when we were there. She can bring her to Abenezer.
    Love reading the updates, it's like being there all over again!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete